Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WOW....

Frustrated!!!  I'm not even sure what else to say... these kids are crazy....most teachers
have no control....and to top it all off some of the teachers don't even show up...or they
leave early.  The kids don't stay in their seats, let alone the classroom...when the teachers
leave the room, its an automatice free for all.  Somethings def. don't change no matter
what culture you are in...there are good teachers and not so good teachers, good classroom
management and not so good classroom managment...there are kids that want to learn, and kids
that don't, there are bullies, class clowns, and well I think you get the point.  This
experience is SO very HARD for me...after the 3 classes we had this morning, I am more than
ready to head back to MY school :)  This is so hard because I am the only volunteer that
works with kids in a school capacity back in the states...so my expectations are some what
skewed compared to the other volunteers...its hard, but I have to take a back seat most of
the time due to the language barriers I have and due to the expectations I have.  I believe
my blood pressure today was the highest its been sense I arrived here.... its very frustrating.
I'm not sure how else to put it...It's challenging, and I love that, but there comes a point
when I can only do so much and that makes me upset... I can't wait to learn the language so
that then I can feel as though I am making more of a difference in these young students lives.
Today as I was eating breakfast I was refelcting on my time here and the time I have left.
It is very much like me to start getting anxious about leaving and not having enough time
to do all I want to do before I leave.  I'm trying very hard to take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment