Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beer, Baleadas, Beach, oh and FUTBOL

This week in Tela we went to get baleadas
from a local stand.  These consist of handmade tortillas, they literally make them as you
order! with beans, I'm thinking refried of some kind...you have your choice of pollo (chicken)
eggs, avacados, or simple (beans and cheese), the cheese is like some sort of feta type cheese.
Its very different, but still good! They are very filling!  On this particular ocassion we
were going to watch the futboll game at a freinds house.  We brought over two 6 packs,
one of Salva Vida, the other Imperial, mmmmm, and our baleadas, I got beans and avacados.
So good! We watched Honduras loose to Mexico, with some local Hondurans...they were NOT happy!
Teddy is a very nice older man who Sam, Carly, and Aubrey met on the beach one day...I think
that's how the story goes...he was looking out for them.  Then he introduced them to some
local Honduran young men...who are very attractive :)  Andy was also watching the game with
us...we still had a good time, even if Honduras lost!  After the game Teddy wated to make me
some of his famous tea, he has a plant in his yard.  I was skeptical of course and I was
sweating like CRAZY!!!!  The last thing I wanted was HOT TEA!!!  But he swore it would be good
and that I had NEVER had anything like it. It boiled for like 10 minutes...I was thinking...
oh great now not only will my body be on fire, but so will my mouth...uggghhh.  As the tea
was brewing, Sam was talking to Teddy about manufacturing his tea and bringing it to the states.
She said she would be his buisness manager... So I patiently waited while the tea had some
time to cool, he told me I had to add a small amount of sugar to get the full effect.  So
I did....and wow, it was AMAZING!!! Yes I was dieing because it was so hot, but I drank every
last drop...it would have been amazing cold as well! It was citusy in taste, I'm not sure
how to describe it, but I was so freash, so so freash!  He told me next time I came around
he would sent me home with the leaves so I could make my own at the house and chill it...
sounds good to me! After I was done with my tea, we went on a late night stroll on the beach.
It was so beautiful at night with the sun shinning down....how amazing and beautiful our
world is :)  Our night had to end after that because we had class EARLY in the morning...7am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment